Learn how to use ETL Testing from beginner level to advanced techniques which is taught by experienced working professionals. With our ETL Testing Training in Chennai you’ll learn concepts in expert level with practical manner.
Informatica is one of the leading ETL tool available in market.ETL stands for Extraction, Transformation and Load.
Informatica is used for extracting data from heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Sybase, Flat File etc and Load data into single database.
ETL testing is done to validate data that whether correct fetched from various sources and converted into required form.
The various ETL testing can be classified as
- Data warehouse Testing — Validation of data loaded into Data warehouse from various sources.
- Enhancement Testing — Validation of data according to the change done in existing mapping.
- Performance Testing — Test the performance of data load using high volume of data
- Duplication Testing — Test whether duplicate records coming from source are loaded properly with any rejections.
- Error Handling — Test whether error handling is done effectively.
One of the major challenges in ETL testing is data validation must be done in various sources systems.
|Course Name||ETL Testing (Informatica)|
|Official URL||ETL Testing Training|
|Demo Classes||At Your Convenience|
|Training Methodology||10% Theory & 90% Practical|
|Course Duration||30-40 Hours|
|Class Availability||Weekdays & Weekends|
|For Demo Class||Email ID - email@example.com|
ETL Testing Training Syllabus
DWH: Data Ware Housing Concepts
- What is Data Warehouse?
- Need of Data Warehouse
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems
- Difference between OLTP and OLAP
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Data Marts
- ODS [Operational Data Store]
- Dimensional Modelling
- Difference between relation and dimensional modelling
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- What is fact table
- What is Dimension table
- Normalization and De-Normalization
- ETL architecture.
- What is ETL and importance of ETL testing
- How DWH ETL Testing is different from the Application Testing
- SDLC/STLC in the ETL Projects (ex: V Model, Water fall model)
- Challenges in DWH ETL Testing compare to other testing
- Incompatible and duplicate data.
- Loss of data during ETL process.
- Testers have no privileges to execute ETL jobs by their own.
- Volume and complexity of data is very huge.
- Fault in business process and procedures.
- Trouble acquiring and building test data.
- ETL Testing Work flow activities involved
- Analyze and interpret business requirements/ workflows to Create
- Approve requirements and prepare the Test plan for the system testing
- Prepare the test cases with the help of design documents provided by the
- developer team
- Execute system testing and integration testing.
- Best practices to Create quality documentations (Test plans, Test Scripts and Test closure summaries)
- How to detect the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to report the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to co-ordinate with developer team for resolving the defects
- Types of ETL Testing
- Data completeness.
- Data transformation.
- Data quality.
- Performance and scalability.
- Integration testing.
- User-acceptance testing.
- SQL Queries for ETL Testing
- Incremental load testing
- Initial Load / Full load testing
- Different ETL tools available in the market
- Ab Initio
- IBM Data stage
- Power Center Components
- Repository Manager
- Workflow Manager
- Workflow Monitor
- Power Center Admin Console
- Informatica Concepts and Overview
- Informatica Architecture.
- Working with Flat Files
- Working with Relational Targets
- Working with Flat file Targets
- Transformations – Active and Passive Transformations
- Lookup –Different types of lookup Caches
- Sequence Generator
- Source Qualifer
- Update Strategy
- Stored Procedure
- Slowly Changing Dimension
- SCD Type1
- SCD Type2 — Date, Flag and Version
- SCD Type3
- Workflow Manger
- Creating Reusable tasks
- Workflows, Worklets & Sessions
- Decision task
- Control Task
- Event wait task
- Timer task
- Monitoring workflows and debugging errors
- Indirect Loading
- Constraint based load ordering
- Target Load plan
- Worklet ,Mapplet ,Resuable transformation
- Migration ?ML migration and Folder Copy.
- Scheduling Workflow
- Parameter and variables
- XML Source, Target and Transformations
- Performance Tuning
- Pipeline Partition
- Dynamic Partition
- Pushdown optimization
- Preparation of Test Cases
- Executing Test case
- Preparing Sample data
- Data validation in Source and target
- Load and performance testing
- Unit testing Procedures.
- Error handling procedures.
Working with relational Sources
For ETL Testing Materials - Download Now